Friday, March 28, 2008

Training Someone Else To Do YOUR Job?

The desk that I used to sit at is clean and clear of all my books, software and other IT material which is now sitting in three boxes stacked in my den. What's left behind already is memories of the past 5 1/2 years which I learned my craft, established a network of clients and colleagues; many of them I will never forget while there were some that I'd rather forget-:)

I learned today that someone from Company B will be at the work location on Monday expecting for the job duties to be 'handed off' to them. Handed off could be another expression for 'training someone else to do my job' which I have a big problem with. Not that I want to leave on a bad note, but at the same time, it would be very unfair to expect me to train someone else to do my job.

And although, I made the decision not to stay in this position, it's an equally bad decision for management to make and it's also one that I will NOT support.

1 comment:

Muhammad Ammar said...

free work at home job work at home(11771)
completing simple surveys from home. no registration fees. join today (http://tinyurl.com/3gce3ot) ids (11771)