Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Pink Slip Confirmation - Day #6

We had our staff meeting today and the majority of my colleagues on the conference call were complaining about how our present company, Company A is not assisting with finding them all internal jobs. Most complaints were based on not getting interviews or a phone call from any of the hiring managers. One person even came out and asked if Company A really had any clout with the hiring managers.

People are frustrated, everyone is not happy about this takeover and yes, that's exactly what it is. It's a takeover by Company B who doing whatever they can to try and get ANYone to sign up with them, pay them pennies to do OUR jobs and offer them NO benefits. This includes vacation, sick time, health insurance, nothing at all. It's sad, very, very sad.

I don't know who I feel sorry for the most, my follow colleagues or Company B because they don't realize what a huge mistake this is going to be. Naw....I feel for my colleagues because they're the ones who's going to need the support but also, they need to know that Plan B must happen now and they can't rely on Company A to make it happen. They have to do it themselves. Continuing to rely on these companies will continue to lead to disappointment and resentment.

So next Monday, will be the day (Day #5) we'll get the official pink. I'm taking off tomorrow and Friday so next Monday will be my Day #5 and I'm mentally and emotionally ready for it - I know it's coming so all I need to do is hold out my hand and take it.

No comments: