Thursday, March 27, 2008

Day #2 Reality Check

I decided to go to work early today to get a head-start on my packing. I actually ended up working on a few more computers and shipping them out to leave my desk totally empty. Tomorrow will be the official packing day and the last working day for me.

Several people have already asked me if I was ready to leave while others would walk by and ask me if I was alright. I assured them that I was totally fine, while thinking to myself that I am just bidding my time until I walk out of the building for good.

Realizing that your job is coming to an end can be difficult, especially when it is out of your control and not your choice. Your emotions and thinking can be on 'a high'. The slightest comment can set you off or make you laugh.

Accepting the change is the start of dealing with it. Reality is slowing settling in and it really isn't a bad place to be.

No comments: